Video Short film.
Inspired by the movie Gladiator where General Maximus touches the grass that is still untouched after all wars.
See an excerpt of the film at the end of this page.
Grass moves in the wind. A hand gently touches the grass, sometimes hard. The sound that is heard are news from different wars, from different times, Korea, Vietnam, Word Trade Center … As if the grass are antennas that catch a flow of news in space.
Directed and Produced by: Gunilla Leander
Music by: Sebastian Sjögren
Sound research: Ola Anderstedt
The Hand: Ylva Kullenberg
Duration: 5 min. 18 sek., PAL, Stereo
– Emirates Film Competition, Abu Dhabi
– In/Between; Localize, Stamsund, Norway
– Östersunds konstvideofestival, Sweden
– Haninge konsthall, Sweden
– Tokyo – Embassy of Sweden, Japan
– Osaka Contemporary Art Center, Japan